Brent Gummow began his career working on freelance video, web, design, and exhibit projects for small businesses, artists, musicians, and non-profits. From there he moved into the world of higher ed where he ran a multimedia lab for students and staff while also teaching technology and software to faculty members trying to stay current. Next, Brent moved to the agency sector and specialized on web and interactive programs for clients like Kumho Tires, American Greetings, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
San Francisco came next, where Brent spent a few years managing teams creating online courses. Finally, the last five years have found Brent operating in the SaaS startup world for Jimdo. Here are some project overviews to give an idea of the types of work he has been working on lately:
• Created and managed a new team dedicated to filling in the gaps between customer needs and Jimdo’s capabilities so everyone can achieve success.
• Led the development of new Add-on Elements feature for Jimdo. This allowed Brent to add new "light" third-party integrations into the Jimdo product without the need of the development
• Identified missing features, discovered and tested third-party tools, created documentation and added them to the system, and finally managed translations and roll-out to additional language markets.
• Created and maintained Expanding.jimdo.com sharing ways to hack the standard Jimdo templates and tools. This information is used by employees, supporters, designers, and advanced users.
• Managed the creation of a new series of "vertical guides" that provide deep instruction for users trying to succeed in particular industries. These guides are also finding a second life by replacing old non-human-friendly SEO landing pages.
• Acted as an internal Jimdo Expert to create customized high-profile websites for endorsements and celebrities.
• Collaborative project to offer Jimdo websites in conjunction with logo design
• Synchronized 4 teams (dev/marketing/education/operations) scattered across 3 continents
• Created project parameters with C-level teams from both companies
• Created the initial customer and designer flows with product leads from both companies
• Designed, wrote, and implemented training for the designer portion of the partnership (the vendor part of the marketplace)
• Developed an ongoing designer certification process to build the designer workforce
• Created and maintained a portal for designer training, knowledge, and video tutorials
• Wrote and moderated webinars for designers
• Trained and created resources for the 99designs support and sales teams
• Researched and led project to create a content marketing strategy for the US market
• Organized and led a week-long sprint to kickoff the project and teach content marketing to the team.
• Focused on helping the members of our target market succeed on the web
• Created, designed, and maintained http://blog.jimdo.com on the Wordpress platform
• Managed and operated the content strategy for first 6 months before hiring a new team to handle and expand the editorial flow
• Wrote and created a self-service Website Success Score Quiz for users that I later converted into a website audit for proactive support and a blueprint for future onboarding projects.